Narrative:A fire, believed to have been caused by sparks from a welder's torch, broke out in a hangar at Anchorage International Airport, AK (ANC). The hangar was owned by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) part of which was leased by Reeve Aleutian Airways. The FAA lost one DC-3 plane in the fire (N76). Reeve lost a L-188PF Electra (N7140C) and an YS-11A (N172RV). It took fire fighters three hours to control the fire. The airport was closed for 1,5 hours.
|Status:||- (No safety board investigation)|
|Date:||06 NOV 1974|
|Operator:||Reeve Aleutian Airways|
|C/n / msn:|| 2172|
|First flight:|| 1972|
|Crew:||Fatalities: 0 / Occupants: 0|
|Passengers:||Fatalities: 0 / Occupants: 0|
|Total:||Fatalities: 0 / Occupants: 0 |
|Airplane damage:|| Written off|
|Airplane fate:|| Written off (damaged beyond repair)|
|Location:||Anchorage International Airport, AK (ANC) (United States of America)
|Phase:|| Standing (STD)|
This information is not presented as the Flight Safety Foundation or the Aviation Safety Networkĺs opinion as to the cause of the accident. It is preliminary and is based on the facts as they are known at this time.