Descripción:The aircraft, owned by Si Fly but operating on behalf of the UN, World Food Program, departed Rome at 09:11 for Pristina, Kosovo.
|Fecha:||12 NOV 1999|
|Operado por:||United Nations - UN|
|Alquilado a :||SiFly|
|Numéro de série:|| 012|
|Año de Construcción:|| 1986-04-14 (13 years 7 months)|
|Horas Totales de la Célula:||24930|
|Motores:|| 2 Pratt & Whitney Canada PW121|
|Tripulación:||Fatalidades: 3 / Ocupantes: 3|
|Pasajeros:||Fatalidades: 21 / Ocupantes: 21|
|Total:||Fatalidades: 24 / Ocupantes: 24 |
|Daños en la Aeronave:|| Anulado|
|Consecuencias:|| Written off (damaged beyond repair)|
|Ubicación:||18 km (11.3 milles) NE of Mitrovica (Serbia)
|Fase:|| En ruta (ENR)|
|Naturaleza:||Vuelo Internacional No Programado|
|Aeropuerto de Salida:||Roma-Ciampino Airport (CIA/LIRA), Italia|
|Aeropuerto de Llegada:||Pristina Airport (PRN/LYPR), Serbia|
|Número de Vuelo:||3275|
The plane was at an altitude of 1400 meters and turning left with a 30deg bank when it was crashed into a hill (30% slope), 15 meters below the summit.
The weather conditions with Pristina were 5 000 meters horizontal visibility, a sky covered with 700 meters and a compact layer of clouds to 920 meters.
PROBABLE CAUSE: "The collision of Flight KSV 3275 with high ground was due :
- to teamwork which lacked procedural discipline and vigilance during maneuvers in a mountainous region with poor visibility.
- to the aircraft being kept on its track and then forgotten by a military controller unused to the mountainous environment of the aerodrome and to preventing
the risk of collisions with high ground, within the framework of the radar service he was providing.
- to the operator's critical situation as a new company highly dependant on the lease contract, favoring a failure to respect procedures.
- to the opening of the aerodrome to civil traffic without an advance evaluation of the operating conditions or of the conditions for distribution of aeronautical
The following factors contributed to the accident :
- crew fatigue, favoring a lowering of vigilance.
- undertaking the flight with an unserviceable or disconnected GPWS.
Official accident investigation report
This map shows the airport of departure and the intended destination of the flight. The line between the airports does not
display the exact flight path.
Distance from Roma-Ciampino Airport to Pristina Airport as the crow flies is 696 km (435 miles).