Descripción:One-Two-Go Flight 269 departed Bangkok-Don Muang (DMK) at about 14:30 for a domestic service to Phuket (HKT). It was raining at Phuket when the MD-82 approached the airport. Wind was from the West at 12 knots.
|Fecha:||domingo 16 septiembre 2007|
|Tipo:||McDonnell Douglas MD-82|
|Numéro de série:|| 49183/1129|
|Año de Construcción:|| 1983-11-17 (23 years 10 months)|
|Motores:|| 2 Pratt & Whitney JT8D-217A|
|Tripulación:||Fatalidades: 5 / Ocupantes: 7|
|Pasajeros:||Fatalidades: 85 / Ocupantes: 123|
|Total:||Fatalidades: 90 / Ocupantes: 130 |
|Daños en la Aeronave:|| Destruido|
|Consecuencias:|| Written off (damaged beyond repair)|
|Ubicación:||Phuket International Airport (HKT) ( Tailandia)
|Fase:|| Aterrizaje (LDG)|
|Naturaleza:||Vuelo Doméstico Programado|
|Aeropuerto de Salida:||Bangkok-Don Muang International Airport (DMK/VTBD), Tailandia|
|Aeropuerto de Llegada:||Phuket International Airport (HKT/VTSP), Tailandia|
|Número de Vuelo:|| 269|
While attempting to land on runway 27, the airplane went off the right side of the runway, struck an embankment and trees and caught fire.
Weather around the time of the accident (ca 09:00 Z) included: VTSP 160900Z 27012KT 1000 RA SCT015 BKN110 BKN300 24/23 Q1006 2973.
After thorough investigation, the AAIC determined that the probable causes of accident are as follows:
1. the flight crew did not follow the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) of Stabilized Approach, Call Out, Go Around, and Emergency Situation as specified in the Airlines’ Flight Operation Manual (FOM).
2. the Take Off/ Go Around (TO/GA) switch was not pressed, resulting in the failure of increasing in airspeed and altitude during the go around. Also, there was no monitoring of the change in engine power and movement of throttle levers, especially during the emergency situation.
3. the flight crew co-ordination was insufficient and the flight crew had heavy workloads.
4. the weather condition changed suddenly over the airport vicinity.
5. the flight crew had accumulated stress, insufficient rest, and fatigue.
6. the transfer of aircraft control took place at a critical moment, during the go around.
|20 DEC 1983
|02 DEC 2001
|13 MAR 2007
This map shows the airport of departure and the intended destination of the flight. The line between the airports does not
display the exact flight path.
Distance from Bangkok-Don Muang International Airport to Phuket International Airport as the crow flies is 688 km (430 miles).