ASN Wikibase Occurrence # 249858
This information is added by users of ASN. Neither ASN nor the Flight Safety Foundation are responsible for the completeness or correctness of this information.
If you feel this information is incomplete or incorrect, you can submit corrected information
Narrative:The helicopter crashed near Ilsky, Krasnodar Region, during an aerial application flight.
|Fatalities:||Fatalities: 1 / Occupants: 1|
|Aircraft damage:|| Written off (damaged beyond repair)|
|Location:||near Ilsky, Krasnodar Region -
|Phase:|| Manoeuvring (airshow, firefighting, ag.ops.)|
|Investigating agency: ||MAK|
|Confidence Rating:|| Accident investigation report completed and information captured|
The pilot was killed.
The accident with the Mi-2 RA-20977 helicopter was caused by the separation of the tail rotor blade in flight at low altitude, which led to its imbalance with the separation of the tail gear, loss of directional control and imbalance of the aircraft, uncontrolled rotation with loss of altitude and subsequent collision of the helicopter with terrain. The separation of the blade in flight occurred as a result of fatigue failure of the torsion bar attaching the blade to the tail rotor hub during its operation with corrosion damage.
- failure to perform a major overhaul of the tail rotor in the factory, the record in the passport of the tail rotor about the overhaul was falsified;
- the use of a set of tail rotor blades with an expired service life in 1995, the passport of the set of blades was falsified;
- the absence of mandatory procedures for verifying the authenticity of aircraft components during the certification of an instance, which did not allow identifying these shortcomings.
Deficiencies identified during the investigation:
- in violation of the requirements of paragraph 7. FAP MO GA-2002, PIC did not have a valid medical certificate;
- in violation of the requirements of clause 2.22. FAP-147, the PIC performed the functions of an aircraft commander without a qualification check;
- in violation of paragraph 54. FAR-285 and clause 2. Appendix No. 1 of FAP-132, the overhaul of the cold water was not completed in a timely manner;
- in violation of paragraph 2. of Appendix No. 1 of FAP-132, the aircraft component (set of blades of the cold wind) did not have the rest of the service life.
https://mak-iac.org/rassledovaniya/mi-2-ra-20977-17-04-2021/ https://tass.com/russia/1279389 https://mmsut.sledcom.ru/news/item/1558358/
See also: https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/156008
| || |
|Investigating agency: ||MAK |
|Status: ||Investigation completed|
|Duration: ||1 year 1 month|
|Download report: || Final report|
Photo: EMERCOM of Russia
||Updated [Source, Photo]|
||Updated [Registration, Cn, Source]|
||Updated [Time, Source, Narrative]|
||Updated [Operator, Phase, Narrative, Accident report]|
||Updated [Source, Damage]|
The Aviation Safety Network is an exclusive service provided by:
CONNECT WITH US:
©2023 Flight Safety Foundation