ASN Wikibase Occurrence # 235859
This information is added by users of ASN. Neither ASN nor the Flight Safety Foundation are responsible for the completeness or correctness of this information.
If you feel this information is incomplete or incorrect, you can submit corrected information
Narrative:The Jihavlan KP-5 Skyleader 600 stalled and crash-landed on the runway at Lesnovo Airport (LBLS). The pilot sustained serious injuries.
|Date:||Saturday 9 May 2020|
|Type:||Jihlavan KP-5 Skyleader 600|
|Owner/operator:||Aircraft Construction Service|
|Fatalities:||Fatalities: 0 / Occupants: 1|
|Aircraft damage:|| Substantial|
|Location:||Lesnovo Airport (LBLS) -
|Departure airport:||Lesnovo Airport (LBLS)|
|Destination airport:||Lesnovo Airport (LBLS)|
|Investigating agency: ||AAIU Bulgaria|
|Confidence Rating:|| Accident investigation report completed and information captured|
The pilot had returned to land when the engine began losing power shortly after takeoff.
On the basis of the circumstances set out in this report and the analysis performed, the Investigating Commission pointed out as main reasons for realization of the accident:
1. Wrong decision taken by the pilot owner to conduct a flight after the expiration of validity of the his Pilot License, prolonged interruption of piloting and insufficient flight experience.
2. Wrong decision made by the pilot owner for returning and landing on the Lesnovo airfield after the establishing of abnormal engine operation associated with power loss.
3. Violation by the pilot owner of the technique of landing approach, the technology for configuring the aircraft for landing and performing a maneuver at an inadmissible low altitude at low speed.
The Investigation Commission indicates also the following accompanying reasons contributing to the occurrence:
1. Disruption of the normal engine operation, caused by enrichment of the air-fuel mixture due to incomplete and incorrect implementation of the maintenance plan of the aircraft by a person holding a Certificate for Maintenance.
2. The reduced control of the inspectors from the Airworthiness Department of the CAA, regarding the updating and implementation of the Aircraft Maintenance Plan and the keeping of the technical documentation of the aircraft
| || |
|Investigating agency: ||AAIU Bulgaria |
|Report number: || |
|Status: ||Investigation completed|
|Duration: ||9 months|
|Download report: || Final report|
||Updated [Aircraft type]|
||Updated [Cn, Operator, Destination airport, Narrative]|
||Updated [Location, Source, Narrative]|
||Updated [Departure airport, Narrative, Category, Accident report]|
The Aviation Safety Network is an exclusive service provided by:
CONNECT WITH US:
©2023 Flight Safety Foundation