ASN Wikibase Occurrence # 191463
This information is added by users of ASN. Neither ASN nor the Flight Safety Foundation are responsible for the completeness or correctness of this information.
If you feel this information is incomplete or incorrect, you can submit corrected information
Narrative:An Agusta 109A MkII helicopter with three people on board crashed in the woods near Induno Olona in Italy, close to the border with Switzerland. The helicopter crashed at an elevation of 800 meters on Monte Minisfreddo. One passenger died while the pilot and a passenger were injured.
Agusta A109A Mk II
|Fatalities:||Fatalities: 1 / Occupants: 3|
|Aircraft damage:|| Written off (damaged beyond repair)|
|Location:||near Induno Olona, Varese -
|Phase:|| En route|
|Investigating agency: ||ANSV|
|Confidence Rating:|| Information verified through data from accident investigation authorities|
The accident, which can be classified as a CFIT, is essentially due to the human factor.
The following factors contributed significantly to the accident:
- the marginal weather conditions in the mountainous terrain where the accident occurred, which did not allow the safe continuation of the flight;
- non-compliance with VFR flight rules and safety altitudes.
The following factors may also have contributed to the occurrence of the accident
- operational pressure (deriving from the need to complete the transfer flight to Caiolo), which did not allow the pilot to consider an alternative plan, consisting, for example, of a return to the airport of departure;
- the excessive confidence of the pilot in his own ability to manage the flight in marginal or inferior meteorological conditions with respect to the minimum VFR conditions, in the light of his significant flight experience and knowledge of the area of operations;
- the false security resulting from having a cartographic or portable GPS system on board.
http://www.helipress.it/schede-1848-incidenti_elicotteri_precipita_aw109_a_varese_un_morto http://www.varesenews.it/2016/11/cade-un-elicottero-un-morto-e-due-feriti/570356/ https://www.tio.ch/News/Ticino/Cronaca/1117337/Tragedia-in-elicottero-il-ticinese-era-precipitato-gia-nel-2010 http://aerossurance.com/helicopters/a109-mountain-cfit-marginal-wx/
| || |
|Investigating agency: ||ANSV |
|Status: ||Investigation completed|
|Duration: ||4 years 1 month|
|Download report: || Final report|
||Updated [Registration, Cn, Operator, Other fatalities, Location, Departure airport, Destination airport, Damage, Narrative]|
||Updated [Time, Aircraft type, Registration, Cn, Operator, Departure airport, Source, Damage]|
||Updated [Aircraft type, Nature, Narrative]|
||Updated [Time, Operator, Phase, Destination airport, Narrative, Category, Accident report]|
||Updated [Source, Embed code, Accident report]|
||Updated [Embed code, Narrative, Accident report]|
The Aviation Safety Network is an exclusive service provided by:
CONNECT WITH US:
©2023 Flight Safety Foundation